Webinar 7: Jupyter Notebooks for Capacity Development Webinar
The CEOS Capacity Development and Data democracy Working Group and the Working group on Information Systems and Services will be running a joint webinar on Jupyter notebooks for Capacity Development. The aim of this webinar is to introduce space agencies and environmental organisations worldwide to Jupyter Notebooks and take a tour of emerging services from CEOS agencies and their applications. We intend to illustrate how they can be used to support capacity development and the exploitation of Earth Observation data by a broad range of users. There will be two sessions via zoom to allow for global attendance.
To view the recorded webinar, please click here.
The purpose of the Technology Exploration Interest Group is to serve as a forum for exchange of technical information and lessons-learned experience about current and trending software technologies, services and other WWW / Internet related softwaretechnologies.
The primary goals of the Technology Exploration Interest Group are to:
- Give CEOS/WGISS members opportunities to collaborate and discuss present and future technology solutions;
- Research technologies that can help the Earth observation community be flexible and adaptable in their IT infrastructure;
- Help facilitate CEOS/WGISS understanding of all generations of technology and support the implementation of both legacy and leading-edge technologies into Earth observation data systems;
- Promote technologies in CEOS/WGISS that prove beneficial to the Earth observation community.
Please read the CEOS Data Application Report on Big Data and Cloud Computing.
Current Topics include:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data, HPC and Cloud Computing
- What CEOS needs? CEOS Challenges
- Distributed data centers
- Data processing (incl, Data cube)
- Data distribution
- Data Analysis
- API and use of standards
- Network (bandwidth, application)
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Searching for free satellite data from CEOS agencies
- In suitable forms
- GCMD/IDN Keywords – what are they, how to add to these lists
- Search Relevancy for Collection searches
- Data Quality Semantics
- Augmentation of meta data
- Visualization of Data
- Web-based visualization
- Volume rendering
- Augmented Reality
- Using authentication/SSO
- Metrics of usage, metrics of datasets
- Crowd Sourcing
Communication and Coordination
Please feel free to contact this Interest Group for more information:
Yousuke Ikehata – Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)
(Note: The former Grid & Web Services Interest Groups merged to form this Technology Exploration Interest Group.)