There are four CEOS governing documents that primarily guide the work of CEOS:
- The CEOS Terms of Reference define the mission and scope of CEOS activities.
- The CEOS Strategic Guidance document articulates the overarching long-term (7-10 years) purpose and goals of CEOS.
- The CEOS Governance and Processes document provides guidelines on the structure, operations, and processes CEOS employs to achieve its goals.
- The CEOS Work Plan (3-year rolling) sets forth near-term actions to achieve the goals outlined in the CEOS Strategic Guidance document.
Other governing documents, available below, define the roles, responsibilities, and plans of the various CEOS leadership positions and organizational entities. These include Terms of Reference, Process Papers, and Implementation Plans.
Terms of Reference (ToR)
- CEOS/CGMS (Coordination Group for Meteorological Satellites) Working Group on Climate (WGClimate)
- Working Group on Information Systems & Services (WGISS)
- Working Group on Capacity Building & Data Democracy (WGCapD)
- Working Group on Calibration & Validation (WGCV)
- Working Group on Disasters (WGDisasters)
Virtual Constellation Documents
- Land Surface Imaging (LSI-VC) Implementation Plan & Terms of Reference
- Ocean Colour Radiometry (OCR-VC) Implementation Plan & Terms of Reference
- Ocean Surface Vector Wind (OSVW-VC) Implementation Plan & Terms of Reference
- Precipitation Constellation (P-VC) Implementation Plan & Terms of Reference
- Atmospheric Composition (AC-VC) Concept Document, Draft Workplan & Terms of Reference