Mission: CEOS ensures international coordination of civil space-based Earth observation programs and promotes exchange of data to optimize societal benefit and inform decision making for securing a prosperous and sustainable future for humankind.
CEOS Working Groups address topics such as calibration/validation, data portals, capacity building, disaster management, climate, and common data processing standards shared across a wide range of Earth observation domains.
The CEOS Virtual Constellations coordinate space-based, ground-based, and/or data delivery systems to meet a common set of requirements within a specific domain.
Ad Hoc Teams
CEOS has the ability to create an Ad Hoc Team in the event that permanent mechanisms (Working Groups and Virtual Constellations) are insufficient for CEOS to undertake a particular activity.
Other Groups & Activities
CEOS engages in a wide variety of other exciting activities in support of the CEOS Mission:
- Analysis Ready Data (ARD)
- Biodiversity Activities
- CEOS Ocean Variables Enabling Research and Applications for GEO Initiative (COVERAGE)
- Earth Observation Training, Education, and Capacity Development Network (EOTEC DevNet)
- Global Stocktake
- Sustainable Development Goals
- CEOS Systems Engineering Office