FedEO (Federated Earth Observation missions access) provides a unique entry point to a growing number of scientific catalogues and services for, but not limited to, EO European and Canadian missions. FedEO is deployed with ESA (European Space Agency) infrastructure as a gateway to:
- Provide brokered discovery, access and ordering capability to European/Canadian EO missions data based on HMA (Heterogeneous Missions Accessibility) interfaces;
- Implement the OpenSearch OGC (Open Geospatial Consortium) and other interfaces for an increased number of discoverable and accessible EO data collections;
- Implement the OpenSearch OGC interfaces for interfacing with CEOS Community Catalogues and Clients.
FedEO was initially developed as a prototype for GEO/GEOSS (Group on Earth Observations/Global Earth Observation System of Systems) and for EO-DAIL (Earth Observation Data Access & Integration Layer). It was consolidated after the CEOS Plenary in 2012 to facilitate access to European missions data in the international context and primarily in CEOS.
FedEO CSW (Catalogue Service for Web) and OpenSearch Server:
- OpenSearch Endpoint (for FedEO/OpenSearch Production Instance) – OGC 13-026r8
- OpenSearch Endpoint (for FedEO/OpenSearch Test Instance) – OGC 13-026r8
How-To Guides for FedEO Partners
- WGISS CDA OpenSearch Client Guide v1.0 – How to connect your Portal or Client to FedEO using OpenSearch
- WGISS FedEO Data Partner Guide-OpenSearch v1.1 – How to offer your agency satellite data for search and access through FedEO using OpenSearch
- CEOS OpenSearch Best Practice
FedEO Technical Documents
- FedEO-FO Architecture Document (to be published)
- FedEO-IDN ISO Metadata Alignment Technical Note (to be published)
- OGC 11-035r1, EO Collection and Service Discovery using the ebRIM Application Profile of CSW 2.0, 1.0, 26/03/2013
- OGC 10-157r3, Earth Observation Metadata profile of Observations & Measurements, 1.0.0, 12/06/2012
- OGC 10-157r4, Earth Observation Metadata profile of Observations & Measurements, 1.1, 10/06/2014
- OGC 08-167r2, Semantic annotations in OGC standards, Version 2.0, 10/10/2012
- OGC 10-032r8, OpenSearch Geo and Time Extensions, version 1.0.0, 14/04/2014.
- OGC 13-026r5, OpenSearch Extension for Earth Observation, DRAFT 1.0.0, 29/10/2014
- OGC 13-084r2, OGC I15 (ISO19115 Metadata) Extension Package of CS-W ebRIM Profile, 1.0, 28/04/2014
- OGC 06-141r6, Ordering Services Framework for Earth Observation Products Interface Standard, Version 1.0.0, 09/01/2012.
- OGC 07-118r9, User Management Interfaces for Earth Observation Services, Version 1.1, 28/04/2014.
- HMA for Science – Evolution, Final Presentation, 16 October 2014, Frascati, Italy.
- Federated Earth Observation (FedEO) OpenSearch Status, CEOS WGISS Meeting #38, 1 October 2014, Moscow, Russia.
- OGC 13-026 in FedEO, EO Product Metadata and OpenSearch SWG, 25 March 2014, OGC TC Crystal City, Arlington, Virginia.
Additional Information for Developers and Data Partners
- FedEO Wiki Information Page
- HMA-S Executable Test Suite for OGC OpenSearch Geo and Time Extensions (OGC 10-032r8)
- HMA-S Executable Test Suite for OGC OpenSearch Earth Observation Extension (OGC 13-026r5)
- FedEO Metrics Report (to be published)
- HMA Standards configuration management table and download
- EO Portal (for FedEO/OpenSearch Production Instance)
- SSE Portal (for FedEO/OpenSearch Test Instance)
Open Source Software
- HMA Testbed – Open Source Demonstrator
- SmartHma Android Client (for FedEO/OpenSearch Production Instance)
- HMA-S EOP O&M Metadata Demonstrator – EOP O&M Catalog Server
- HMA-S EOP O&M Metadata Demonstrator – EOP O&M Catalog Client
- HMA-S Registry Information Model (EbRIM) Cataloguing ISO Metadata (CIM) Catalog Service Demonstrator
- INSPIRE HMA Transformation Module
- HMA-S OpenSearch, Feasibility Analysis and Download Demonstrator
- REST Search Engine for EO Products
- Executable Test Suite for OGC OpenSearch Geo and Time Extensions
- Executable Test Suite for the OpenSearch EO Extensions
- Test, Evaluation, And Measurement (TEAM) Engine
Communication and Coordination
Feel free to contact this group for more information: